Sunday, July 27, 2008

Step One

Waking up was easy, when you still didn't belive what had become of your life. In my case I was in serious denial about a lot of things. One, I had recently moved in with my best friend and her family to save money. Two, I had a job that I loved, I mean seriously who actually likes working? I do, that's who. Three, I was dating my dream guy. I couldn't actually think about the last one, every time I did I felt the need to scream, or hyperventilate. Oh yeah and four, I had an amazing son who was incredibly smart. I couldn't actually believe my luck, most of my life I have been one of the few people who didn't get any luck. My parents died in a car crash when I was little so I was raised by my mom's parents. I loved my Grammy Tish and Gramps Mitch. Tish and Mitch, they too died when I was away at college for my freshman year. Grammy had a stroke and didn't recover and Gramps died of a broken heart, I missed them so much. My dads parents died before I was born so I never actually knew them. After Tish and Mitch died I had no one else in the world except my best friend, Kathy. Her mom took me in under her wing while Kathy and I finished school.

By the time we finished I had a steady boyfriend who asked me to move in with him. So I did, not really thinking about the consequences.

No comments: